Civic engagement app
What we did
- Brand design
- Product design
- Experience design
- Interface design
- Full stack development
Civic engagement progressive web app (PWA). Personal project designed and developed as a proof of concept for the use of a social media-like experience and tool to incentivize civic engagement.
The idea behind Chango, using a social-enhanced geographic information system (GIS) as a civic engagement tool, had been growing in my mind for a couple of years. In 2018 I finally had a small time to work on it. I challenged myself to design, code and deploy and launch it in only a couple of months.
- Launched in under three months, from branding to final deployment
- Allowed me to learn about devops, databases, and other backend technology
- Served as a white-label product for similar projects using social media and geolocation capabilities
- Developed LaPazQuerida's site as a white-label product
- This initial version of Chango allowed us to test with real users and better understand their motivations